View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Hi Juno, I'm here! You've had quite a weekend it sounds like! I definitely know the feeling of wanting a reward after working hard. Good for you for going for the sparkling juice instead : ) I haven't figured out a reward lately for working hard. My coping mechanism has been to work some more, don't stop until I'm ready to crash. It kind of seems like I'm afraid to sit still because I worry where my mind will wander off to, so I stay busy as a distraction and feel good after being really productive. My sponsor suggested yesterday that it might be time to try some meditation. I'll give that a try I think...
I went into work today because I'm taking some time off for a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I woke up at 8 and was like time to get busy! I was thinking on the way in that the last time I worked on a Sunday I was hungover as all get out. I drank while I was getting ready for work, and I stopped at the liquor store to buy more booze for while I worked. Of course I drank when I got home too. I felt awful. It was a horrible feeling. I recall that day vividly, and it makes my stomach churn. Today what I felt was not remotely close to what I felt that day- I was so happy to be hangover free, productive, efficient, and not paranoid.
Winslow, I hope you feel better soon!!