View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Juno11

Wow, where is everyone? I seem to be the only one posting Funny, funny.

OMG, I shoveled for about 3 hours today (at least). I had to get my car out - it was buried under several feet of snow. But even worse, I had to get all the snow away from it left behind by the plow and all around it. It was exhausting and I got a blister on my hand from all that work. I will not be working out tonight - I think Advil, an ice pack and rest in bed will be it for me.

Strangest thing was that after I was done shoveling, I got a slight craving for a glass of wine. It was just that feeling of wanting to reward myself for all that hard work. Fortunately, I had a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice in the fridge so just poured myself a glass and it did the trick. I was also thinking about the reasons that keep me from drinking again: there are two main reasons (1) I never again want to experience a hangover and (2) my actions when drinking are so stupid that I don't want to go to that level again. I like being a strong independent woman and when I drink I tend to reach out to people that I wouldn't when sober. THAT is keeping me motivated!!!