Old 01-24-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Odelle

Olivia, I am a big believer in natural healing, up to a point, there are times when a doctor and/or prescriptions are necessary. I have a copy of Prescription for Natural Healing that is so worn and tattered; I really need to get an updated copy.

I have tried so many prescriptions for depression, with high hopes, but nothing traditional has worked for me. Sam-E worked wonders in the past, but didn’t do much recently so I tried rhodiola, which is working for me now. I take a low dose in the morning. Following my protein/greens shake for breakfast, I take my multi vitamin, B-complex 100, vitamin C, Super Thisilyn (liver support), lecithin, Omega-3, one Triple Energy, 1 N-A-C cap, and 2 kudzu recovery tabs. I know, it sounds like a lot, and it is. At night I take one magnesium capsule, and a good probiotic. I do this because I know I have abused my body, badly. Once my supplies run out, I plan to continue with only a few supplements, which should be around the 3 month sobriety mark, and I should be able to rely on a clean diet from that point on.

Again, everyone is different, so my regime may not work for others. For example, melatonin (sleep aid) gives me headaches and sensitivity to light, and Sr. Johnswort (widely known as an antidepressant) didn’t work for me. The majority of the supplements I am taking support the liver, and believe me, after 30+ years of abuse, I need all the help I can get.

Sorry for the long post, you asked and I replied as abridged as possible.

The tea, Sleepytime Extra, is by Celestial Seasonings, and is available in most grocery stores in the States, and in most health food stores. Haha, my one cup last night gave me a good night’s rest and I didn’t wake up until 6:00 am this morning!

If you are feeling good already, you are probably getting the proper nutrients your body needs. Living in the city doesn’t support natural, home grown fruits and veggies, and having a dog that digs up everything I put in the planters doesn’t help either!