Old 01-24-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

Darn lost my post! Thought I could sneak in a text and come back here ! Nope!

Morning everyone!

Welcome NZ! You've come to the right place !

SAngel - addicted to sobriety ! Love it! They say your addiction moves to another addiction. Why not make it SOBRIETY! I'm actually seeing the light. Life is good. I never could understand why I hid in the bottle. I think it was just too much stress.

Bandi- thanks for detox plan. You're actually doing it right, not like the Jillian Michaels and Beyoncé quick fix detox plans! Very interesting.

What do u guys consider "good" vitamins? What supplements are good? Bandi and Odelle, Lisa and everyone. What's your sleepy time tea? Right now on tv news they are seeping tea! They are dropping a tea seeper in the tea pitcher of hot water right now. Never seen that before. Lots of flavors. I usually drink hot green tea with cinnamon, lemon and honey. Stuff like that.

Nic - I second everything about every person you responded to a few posts back. You might just be the pillar of this thread! The matriarch!! My house is getting a much needed going thru too. I used to be a fanatic on a clean house. We inherited my dad's husbands's house at the farm. Now I have another one to keep up. That gets overwhelming ! Gonna clean today and organize.

Sun - was wondering how hypnosis is going. I love my hypnosis MP3 tract. I never took "me" time either. It's critical that you do. I don't think me being a SAHM would have ever worked. I love my children too but it is too much 24/7. Really gets on your nerves. I always felt guilty taking me time. Say WHAT? Kerazy!

Lulu - you must be pretty smart to be in high demand. Good for you! Good luck on interviews.
I held the same job for 28 years with competitors offering me jobs. Now I wish I would have jumped ship kinda. I always just pushed the salary instead of leaving. The world's a big place. My daughter is repeating my steps. She has five years in at the hospital and hates to leave her seniority. I tell her not to do that. Vacation and everything is negotiable. Happiness is most important.

Thump - love the blues! And when u ask it a question it answers!

Howdy WHID84 - this old brain is chugging now!

I will say the fog is lifting or has lifted. I've never slept so much or well in my life as I have this last month. Same with my husband. Sobriety rocks!

When I joined SR in January, Dee said " Olivia, there's no turning back". Yikes I said ! Dee has seen me lurking for nine months! Well, I'm glad I took the leap of faith. It's finally sunk in that I cannot drink and do not want to drink anymore. Tired of sleeping my life away, waking up feeling like crap, etc. Life is good. God is good.

AA speaker night is great!

Sorry about your sister Odelle. So young. I saw a photo if my SIL at Christmas. She lives in Kansas City. It was really sad. The alcohol burn is terrible. She was holding into her daughter for support for the picture. She has a heart of gold. I invited then to visit last year in March or so. She is losing weight. Big believer in God. Said that if she has to die, she'll die. Could tell she has no intention of quoting drinking. Starts at 9 am with beer then on to red wine ALL day, every day. Bad thing is I was keeping right up with her! I remember thinking that this madness has to stop!

Have a great sober day. Hard to correct typos on phone. Sometimes of is if, them is then etc. Plz excuse me. Get tired if pecking! Hah ! See the last "if" !

Olivia