Old 01-23-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Mish
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Day 14

Well Probably time for my update. 2 weeks sober today. I am feeling a million per cent on what I been feeling. Something has made a switch this weekend. I finally acknowledge that this alcohol addiction is a lifelong one and NO i won't be able to have a social glass of wine here and there later down the track!!!!In the past I have always thought that maybe one day I can be like everyone else and just have the odd drink...um nope
I've been to 4 meetings now. All very different but just a wonderful and positive experience. I'm not getting too caught up in the official process of AA but I find the actual sharing and unity great. I also have an official sponsor now. She is an older no-nonsense lady who has 38 years of sobriety behind her. I've told her that my recovery will have to be my way, as I am not going to rely on AA to keep me sober. She seems ok with that as long as I keep making plans to prevent a relapse. She said that she is scared that I may not come back from another relapse as things had escalated so much this last time. Quite a scary thought.
My house has never been cleaner!! I had all the beds stripped and washed by 10.30am this morning and now I am wandering around looking for something to clean(not like me at all trust me!!)- At least I'm not dancing around the lounge room on my second bottle of champers like my usual Sunday routine would be(it's only 2.30pm)!
Anyway.. Thanks to all of you for getting me through these 2 weeks. Still can't believe I've done it. Didn't think I could get through the first 24 hours....
xxx
AWESOME!!!! You are doing an amazing job Nic. So proud of you.