Old 01-23-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Lyoness: All those limbs covered in snow are my beautiful summer red rose vines! All of them are cleared of the snow now. Almost all the snow in that picture is gone now! Our snow doesn't stick around long here in Arkansas! I like it this way! After living in WI for seven years, shoveling lots of snow? I'll take this here any day!

My daughter is out there in the path like TB is for this blizzard happening! I already know they are hunkered down and are prepared for it! So I'm not worried!

I'm not a big science person or get involved with all the sky stuff! I just liked that show I watched about how the Earth started! It was quite interesting!

TOD
I hope your roses and other plants survived the ice okay. I'm with you in liking the snow to melt! It can be so beautiful but I don't like getting trapped by it when it freezes. It's great to have a couple inches, admire the beauty and then have it melt so it's a few hundred feet higher up! I hope your daughter and TB will stay safe and warm during the storm!

In reading your posts over the years so many things sound familiar and similar, esp the climate, even though we're in different parts of the country. But I guess country living is the same in many places, esp working on the land, learning how to fix things, etc.

I was watching a show that showed beautiful hills in AR, I was wondering if that was like or near where you lived. It reminded me a lot of here where we are nestled in the hills.

I really like those programs, too, but am into the sky stuff too as you know. Did you see the two on pets awhile back, they were fascinating. I'm not good at making links but if you look up the Nature website on PBS you can find them.