View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Juno11

Grizzly, glad you enjoyed the swim meet and your son. And good for you working through those thoughts. I think we all have the tendency to romanticize drinking - after all, we all enjoyed it at least at some points in our lives. I know that that thought has gotten me back to trying drinking again and again. Speaking from my experience, the last few times I drank I paid attention and didn't even enjoy it. I just felt fuzzy and stupid. I don't think we are missing out on anything good, and I know we're leaving behind a lot of bad stuff.

My contractor / neighbor came over and was supposed to work on the bathroom. He then proceeded to act tired and complain. I told him to go home and rest and come back when he was ready to work. I already have 3 kids - I don't need a 4th one. I'm starting to not have a lot of patience for him. He was also doing stupid stuff like teasing my dog. I told him not to do that - my dog is very sensitive and not a laid back dog. The things he was doing were very irritating to my dog and I tried to tell him. He was teasing him, acting stupid, play growling and then fake crying and staring my dog in the eye - all of which were threatening to my dog. My dog then tried to attack him which kind of served him right. I wanted to tell him, "My dog doesn't like you - he just tolerates you. Leave him alone and he won't hurt you." How do you do that without sounding mean?

Oh and my daughter and I got in a mini-fight because she said I don't buy enough meat to eat. She was complaining that all she could find was a frozen dinner with shrimp and pasta. I explained to her that I do all the grocery shopping and it's a lot of work and she has to TELL me what she wants or I won't know to buy it. She then started to bully me around; today I wasn't in the mood for that so gave it right back to her and told her she started the fight. Oh, I'm in a "don't mess with me" mood. If I was drinking, I would be a disaster. Thank goodness for being sober. I may just get on the treadmill to relieve some stress!