View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Back from the swim meet, and I'm really proud of my kiddo! It was his third meet and his first time swimming the 200 meter breast stroke. That looks exhausting! He is 12 and was swimming against 13 to 15 years old, and I was like wow, they look... different. I am going to enjoy my kiddo looking like a kid for as long as it lasts!
Four months for me today! I put on shorts this morning that I haven't worn in a couple of months, and they are too big! That's exciting! I had a hard week of thinking in the future I can drink moderately, and it started when I took my medicine as directed instead of chugging the whole bottle. My thinking was see, I'm different now. Also, after an exhausting week I was wanting something to relax and take a break from working hard- something different than just going to bed. I told myself to really think it through and not doing anything impulsively, and if I still wanted to drink and was willing to accept everything that comes along with it, then I could. I don't want everything that comes along with it. I am so unbelievably productive lately, and I don't want to give that up. The thought of drinking again scares me because I have come so far, and I could blow it so quickly. So I did a lot of thinking this week and came to the conclusion sober is so much better. Things are going really well for me because I'm not drinking.