View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hey everyone! Just checking in real quick. Looks like we have about 2 feet of snow and it's still coming down. I'll try to measure a little later on. We still have power, which is key. My dog loves it - he's a little guy (only 28 pounds) and the snow is over his head in some places. It's so cute watching him hop along and try to navigate where to go so he doesn't get over his head!

So far, this storm is a blessing for me. I'm fine with being stuck at home for days. My normal life is to run around too much from place to place, and this is a gift for me - to be stuck at home. My kids are here with me. Unfortunately the work is still going on with my bathroom and will be for at least another week. I have found whatever time estimate they give you at a start of a job, take that and multiply by 3 or 4 and you get the actual time it takes to do a job. At least with this contractor. He's my neighbor and he's giving me a good price to do the job, which is why I'm using him. However, he's starting to get on my nerves because he's here so much. I don't know how anyone can have a guy hanging around their house all the time. I just prefer being single. I hope I can stand him for the remainder of the job.

No thoughts of alcohol - it's as if that whole train of thought has disappeared. Maybe that last little lame wine drinking session was the thing I needed to see how pathetic it is. I'm so much stronger and healthier now. I have no desire to go backwards. My ex keeps trying to contact me from that time in Dec. when I drank too much and opened up communications with him. I want no part of a relationship with him and I keep sending quick dismissive emails hoping he'll leave me alone. I have changed and moved on from when I was interested in him.

I'm reading a new recovery book and am finding it sort of boring. It's called "Sober is the New Black" by Rachel Black. It's so boring I don't even know if I can finish it. I have read some excellent, compelling books about alcohol - most notably Blackout and Drunk Mom recently. They were both well written and read like novels. This one seems like some woman just got out her laptop and started typing away - no real drama or writing skills. I mean jeez, if I'm going to read it you kind of have to tell a story. Not just tell me that you stopped drinking and things are so much better.

Okay, guys - I'm going back to my day here. Hoping to make it through this storm without any calamities!