View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Love this thread you guys! It's become a great starter for talking about frugal living and saving.

One of the things I love most about my new bf is that he's as frugal as I am. He is not cheap, but he's frugal and has even gotten rid of cable and his gym membership recently even though he technically can afford them. So, we do a lot of eating in now, we both enjoy cooking for each other, and we do low cost stuff with the kids like hiking, playing football in the park, etc. We both like nice things and will splurge on a dinner out about once a month but really, we have been homebodies quite a bit more and I think it's nice to have that in common.

I am making chili today and will be making a few other dishes to help me make it through the week.

One of my faves I call 'egg muffin cups'. I grease up muffin tins, mix up about 7 eggs, a cup of torn spinach or leftover veggies, some cooked breakfast sausage, and some shredded cheese, salt and pepper. I pour the mixture into muffin tins and bake at 350 for a half hour. These keep me filled up at work until around 10:30 or so and then i will eat a yogurt or food bar or apple as an AM snack. I just have to be better about bringing my lunch!