Old 01-23-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Hey there July, always good to hear from you. I'm sorry about the nosebleeds and I hope they dissipate. How long does that usually last? Must be frustrating not knowing when they will appear. Glad you are doing well in your sobriety Did you guys get a lot of snow?

Optimist- I have definitely felt more tired than usually since I stopped drinking. You'd think it would be the opposite but oh well, the body is a curious thing. I believe it will get better. Working out does help me as well, I just have to find the motivation to do it! Hang in there...

Patricia- I am so, so sorry. That must have been so frightening and surreal. I do hope you feel better as the days go by. We are here if you need us.

Nice work Plenny! Chinese food and binge watching sounds like heaven! Glad you didn't give into that craving. I believe in time those habits will be replaced with new ones and it won't feel so "automatic."

Bandicoot- how did your event go? I would have been nervous as well.

Strongbird, great idea. How do bath bombs work? I have never tried it.

Tigerlili- I know how that feels! 15 minute increments is such a great way to tackle all that work. Do you feel better today about what you got accomplished? Try not to overwhelm yourself, it will all get done in due time.

Mish- you didn't let anybody down. How can you avoid taking that first drink next time? Where were you? Do you feel stronger in your desire to quit this time? I am glad you stopped after the one and hope you aren't beating yourself up too much.

Strangeangel- I hear that. The fantasy of drinking wine in a restaurant always tries to seduce me as well. I just keep remembering, like you do, that it never ends in glamour- just madness and chaos. Glad you have a great Saturday planned, enjoy it!

Hey Silly- glad you came back last night. I'm sorry you had such a rough day, sounds like you were taking a lot of things personally. That meeting, holy moly- you are brave for speaking up and walking out, not sure what I would have done. Have you been to any women's meetings in your area? I wonder if they would be better. Wishing you a more peaceful day today

SoberinSyracuse- my thoughts are with you, you can do this. My parents are in MD and I am curious to hear how bad the snow was. Stay safe and stay sober

Emme- what exactly happened and how can you avoid that close call next time? Sounds like you have a big change coming up! Good luck getting the house ready and have a great sober weekend!

Nic- so glad you are enjoying your meetings and temporary sponsor! That is great work you are doing, congrats!

Shantilove- glad you didn't listen to that AV last night, good work!

Deepblue- Yes!! On day 10 of a 3 week, low carb diet. I'm doing so well and also excited to be doing 2 things at once. For some reason, it works for me like it does for you. I am down 7 lbs and hoping for 7 more What plan are you doing for weight loss?