View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

break it down into small bits.....we can't fix it all in one swell foop.....

the job you have now is helping to re-build your career and provide and income stream. be GRATEFUL for that whether it is "too easy" or not. gotta stay humble. the interview you have sounds good....not a thing you can do til you are IN the interview and even then....

i was able to refinance my car loan on one of the subarus.....yes this extended a car loan for a 2008 model thru til 2015, but it also helped bring the out flow within my budget. we have two subarus, hank's is paid for (ok it WAS mine, then he got rid of his car, i "gave" him the Baja and we went and got "my" new car). we got his car paid off a couple years ago......man i so WANTED a NEW NEW car....but i resisted, kept my sedate lil grey impreza, and it gets me to work and home and never breaks down on me. i JUST paid it off so we now own BOTH cars free and clear. that is a NICE feeling.

regarding the credit card debt, put em on a spreadsheet, look at the interest rates, the payments due.....what can be paid off the soonest? what balances can be transferred to a lower interest rate card? what payment plan will give you the most bang for your buck? get you out from under sooner? what card can you take out of your wallet, cut up and not use again EVER?

if it's money, it's just math. and there is always a solution...sometimes we just have to get REAL creative. i was making my own laundry soap for a while when our finances were compromised. i started shopping at the discount grocery store, and the savings each week are HUGE. i also only shop once a week for groceries. we pack a lunch. we don't eat out often and rarely ever order pizza or other take in. we don't GO on VACATIONS.