View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
findingme26

It's so hard putting yourself out there! I'm not a "horn-tooter" so I have a really hard time convincing myself that a) that job description really isn't out of my league and b) I deserve to have a nice, challenging job that pays well. If you've ever heard the term "imposter syndrome" that is completely me. My current job was a significant pay increase from where I was previously, with a lot more autonomy and responsibility. They loved me and sought me out, but it was hard for me to believe that I really was capable of it. Of course, I'm doing fine and I love the work, but changing jobs can be scary.

I don't have a lot of advice on picking out the perfect career path, but my go-to resource when job hunting is the Ask a Manager blog. She has so much great stuff on there to help with polishing up your resume, current trends and norms, interview techniques, etc. She has an e-book right now called "How to Get a Job: Secrets of a Hiring Manager" that is phenomenal. Not to mention some pretty hilarious workplace situations that people write in about for advice!

Also, you didn't ask, but I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention the budgeting program that saved my financial life - You Need a Budget. I don't know your current system (and it might work just fine for you!), but YNAB has changed so many people's lives in amazing ways, I just have to give it a shout-out!

Good luck with your search!