View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Midton

Windslow,

Here you are more gratitude. Recently there has been a spate of famous musicians dying at a relatively young ago. I also know of six people who died in the last week, three were of old age ( in their 90s) but the other two were a suicide and a car crash.

Now I am grateful for my genes and the health they have bestowed on me. I have never been in hospital, never broken a bone, never had an operation and never really been sick. When I was 35 I got chicken pox which was pretty bad but other than that and glandular fever when I was 12 ive had nothing, zilch, nada. Even when I was sick and off school for 3 months with glandular fever there was a big strike in the uk and the schools were closed as they couldn't be heated; so I missed nothing.

Recently I haven't had a sick day since the chicken pox 13 years ago. I never get a cold, never mind influenza. I am still physically fit enough to vigourously work out basically daily. And despite years of alcohol and even chocolate/marshmallow abuse my teeth are great and my organs and blood work are all fine.

So, on this fine Saturday morning and just as I head off to the gym, I am grateful for my inherent health which so far I am blessed with.