View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Jenses

Happy Friday all. Day 47. I find there are times now where I don't even think about drinking now - which is great, but tricksy! I was out to lunch with some girlfriends and one ordered a glass of red wine. All of a sudden I caught myself wanting to reach over and just take a little sip "to taste". I didn't, but it was very disconcerting. I have heard the yearning and mourning voices so am used to them - but I wasn't expecting the sweet little voice saying "just a little?". And it wasn't just once. I shut it down, and then two minutes later it said "but it's just lunch" and "I wonder if it is good?". Then I remind myself that it's fermented fruit juice. Gone bad. Like the gross liquid at the bottom of a garbage can. Gross. That image gets me every time lol

I also hate the health studies that come out talking about the benefits of alcohol. It's funny, cigarettes come with warning labels now but alcohol doesn't. It should come with warning labels like "Warning: extended use may cause liver damage" or Warning: prolonged use may trigger depression, anxiety, and malnutrition".

Sorry for the grrrr BUMOSI today. Feeling frustrated as I think I am in a better place but the same crap still keeps coming up. I suppose I'm not numbing myself anymore so I am seeing and feeling everything now - sometimes it seems like too much to take in. I wonder how hard it is to find a second-hand sensory deprivation chamber; I'm sure there must be a few on Craig's List