View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
InParticular

Carlos, congratulations on moving to Florida! Enjoy perfecting your golf game, that's awesome.
Did FBL have a milestone that I didn't catch? Well CONGRATS FBL, on your milestonneeee! (Maybe you can enlighten me) :-/ Duh.
Yesterday was a terrible day, I was in shock. I don't really feel like going too much into it, but let's just say it was a big, sudden disappointment that I really was not counting on at all and now, I really need to make some important decisions about what I'm going to do in the next couple of months and it's scaring me. I'm afraid for my job and it is not a good feeling.
I'm thinking about leaving the newspaper biz altogether and going back to freelancing. Going back to gardening, like starting my own business again, and using that for income while I pursue freelancing. Don't know what else to do....I can't spend the rest of my life hopping from one struggling paper to the next. And I'm not getting anywhere, financially.......argh I'm going nuts a little bit.
I will take EternalNow and Toots's advice: relax and calmly decide what I want to do, and start heading in that direction. I guess the thing is I want to be HERE, I don't want to go anywhere right now. Not sure I've had that feeling in a loooong time.
Sorry to be hijacking with my drama.
Hi SW! How are the birds! My back yard is going CRAZY, there must be 50 of them back there, I can see them flying from all over. I put a few chopped up nuts in this mix, and guess what, I saw the squirrel on the feeder yesterday! So I think he just doesn't like sunflower seeds! I put my dog out there to scare him off, usually Harley goes crazy when he sees squirrels, but of course he just stood there staring at it, transfixed. Thanks bud. But, he did bark when my landlord pulled in yesterday and when my friend came over, so he's doing his job. And he chose to sleep by the sliding door last night, rather than my bed. I think he's guarding! That's so good, just what I was hoping would do.
Oh shoot, I have to be at work soon. Ugh. Morale is so, so low there right now. We're basically waiting to lose our jobs. And the "big" boss is keeping us in the dark. Sigh. Not the best work environment. But I'm sure it's for the best.
ANYWAY, have a wonderful Friday Overs.