Old 01-21-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by illi1111 View Post
Sunflowerlife-

I get it. I have a two year that is into everything! You are doing an awesome job! Becoming sober while parenting a small child is unbelievable hard. The isolation and monotony of everyday life were a huge factor for my drinking. It's funny when you try to tell someone how bad your day was because of simple things the kids did.

It really sounds like you need a break. If your tank is empty it's impossible and painful to give your kids what they need. Is there anyway your husband can watch the kids while you get a couple hours of you time? Sometimes you just need a breather and it all becomes much easier. ((Hugs))
I have a 2 year old also and I basically missed most of that time because of my addiction. Dumb stuff like rushing bedtime so that I could get back to my beloved bottle. It also meant that when my wife needed the time out I was selfish about it as it interfered with my drinking time... I've neglected both of them.

I have another on the way, so the three of them are my primary motivation for ditching the drink properly this time.

Definitely concur with everyone needing some "me" time but I think people sometimes feel guilty for it... Which is crazy!