View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Hey Toby - I got all long-winded as I usually do in my last post but I wanted to say hi to you and post some thoughts before I go to bed.

I wonder if you're conflating the fear about the job hunt and the fear about long-term sobriety because you're looking back at what happened instead of looking forward ?

You've got the immediate challenge of getting a job but because you're finding it so daunting maybe you're going to a place of "oh, what's the point, even if I get a job, what good is it if I can't stay sober etc. etc." ?

You can face the fear about long term sobriety by making a solid plan. You have your AA meetings, you have us, that's a great start to a plan. If you can deal with the fear about staying sober, you can focus on the job challenge. The worst thing would be to let negative thoughts about long-term sobriety derail what you've achieved so far (like, 27 days!) and then that would really not be good for the job hunt, to put it mildly.

Just some thoughts ... I know it's not easy. But you've really done well on the 27 days - don't forget that.