View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
topspin

Wonderful post yesterday Mariah,....inspiring

Did the same thing,......working FT at the golf course for over a year saving up money to get a solid start ,...once I'd learned that was the journey. Was lucky to have 2 additional pt jobs at the time, so I could live off that money and save the money from the golf course. Eatin' lots a taters in them days !
And any unlucky fish I could catch.
Almost 60 and still can't feed myself ( yet) out of the river ,,.... disgraceful !?!

What a day !! Started raking and burning before the sun came up ,,,and finished after it went down. Lots of breaks.

Up , my central heat is a heat pump, but it pretty well sucks,...imho. Need to get a HVAC guy from work to see if there's something to be done. Removed a panel yesterday and dug out a bunch of leaves,....it looks better anyway. That's pretty cool you can work on your thermostat,.....

It warmed up from 28 F ,....looks like we've got another break coming ,...thank goodness. Usually keep this place warmed to 50 f in the winter, ..and cooled to 80 f in the summer. High energy bills and I never got along well.

Freein,....you're hurtin' my feelin's . 35 pounds !?! We can't see a nurse that cheap. I often wonder what the rest of the industrialized world said to their politicians to get healthcare ?

Was it an offer they couldn't refuse ?