View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by growpath View Post
Was "one of those days" ugh....yesterday was too.

Speaking of yesterday, I told myself, I am not going to drink over it! I came home pretty beat mentally and decided to call a friend, do yoga, write in my journal and take a nice long bath....instead of drinking. I laid in bed a couple hours later sound asleep...this AM on the way to work I remembered why I went home from work upset and I suddenly recalled I did not lose a wink of sleep over it that night and that I had forgotten about it since after my writing and yoga session etc and through this AM. I would call that healing...growing. Learning to deal with my emotions over choosing to drink and ignore them. I worked through that emotion and came out fine and most importantly sober. I made the choice not to exaggerate the problem by drinking. If I would have chose to drink over it I would have been up all night pissed tossing and turning and then woke up today still fuming...and hungover. Growth. I am proud of me That is that moment between when a craving hits and the choice or not to drink makes good recovery Driving to work I realized all this and it made me happy

I think today is just typical day 5 I hate the world depression but I learned from yesterday this too shall pass. It will. I will just keep facing each emotion and day sober and continue to grow!!!!

Anyway, I hope you all have great days or nights wherever you are.

Cool stuff, growpath. I am so proud of you, too!!!!!