View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
patricia68

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
For me, the excruciatingly painful panic & anxiety (the kind that takes your breath away) ended at about 3 weeks sober. I quit alcohol AND nicotine at the same time on 11/15/15 because cigarettes caused cravings for alcohol for some reason. Nicotine is also known to increase anxiety levels. Many people think that nicotine helps anxiety when it actually increases it. I also avoided all caffeine. Including chocolate. Caffeine absolutely increases anxiety.

I remember having days that I would literally just lay in bed in a fetal position clinging onto a pillow and praying during those 3 weeks. It was awful! I took ALOT of long walks, posted & read here on SR a TON & prayed & prayed!!! I also talked to my sponsor daily & journaled. Oh! And lots & lots of sleep! I basically put my life on hold except the bare minimum during those first few weeks & 100% focused on not drinking! If that's ALL I did throughout the day that was a huge accomplishment!

So just hang on!!! It gets so much better! My anxiety is nearly nonexistent after 2 months and five days of sobriety. I promise it gets better! I just had to NOT drink no matter what! I had to put the plug in the jug permanently!

I think about you and praying for you daily Patricia! Sending huge hugs and prayers.
Today is excruciatingly painful Kiki. My emotions are out of control. I went to my father in law's secret stash. I had a sip and dumped the rest out. I just feel like I want to scream and run away.

I am seeing my counselor in 2 hours. I need to be strong and make this dumb AV quiet until I see my counselor. I can't cancel, I need her.

Kiki I miss those days when I was feeling calm. I really miss being sober. This struggle...just sucks!