Old 01-20-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kuebiko

AVRT Definition of Terms - reposted from a 2011 thread post

Hi everyone, I was looking around in a 2011 thread and found this, so I am re-posting it. Oops ~ I didn't take note of who originally wrote it out, I hope that's OK:

"Since some terminology is different in the AVRT paradigm, I probably should have defined some terms so everyone is on the same footing.

Addiction:

Addiction is chemical use or dependence that exists against one's own better judgment, and persists in spite of efforts to control or eliminate the use of the substance. Addiction exists only in a state of ambivalence, in which one strongly wants to continue drinking alcohol or using other drugs, but also wants to quit or at least reduce the painful consequences.

Addictive Voice:

Any thinking, mental image, or feeling that supports, or even suggests, your future use of alcohol or drugs.
An expression of the appetite for pleasure induced by alcohol or drugs, or the Beast.

Beast:

The desire to get high, to drink or use drugs.
Addictive desire. Often used synonymously with "Addictive Voice," but more accurately, the appetite or desire for substance-induced pleasure.The Addictive Voice is to the Beast what a bark is to a dog.

Big Plan:
A transcending personal commitment to unconditional, permanent abstinence. The reasons for making a Big Plan can vary between individuals.

Recovery:

Secure, permanent abstinence. Nothing else."

So I thought this was worth a re-post.

I'm doing well, and you know what, this forum is helping me envision the way things are, very well.

The way things are ~ well, I'm winning at the 100% default confidence ~ and a big plan is starting to bubble toward the surface. A bigger plan than my down to earth and skeptical nature has ever allowed to rumble, as yet.

I hope you are all having a great January.

(We need a yoghurt eating emoticon, hey!)