View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
redatlanta

I am really sorry you are feeling this way - you guys have been split a long time. It looks like you split back in 2011. The final divorce decree I think would be a bit underwhelming since you have been "out" of the marriage for so long. Its just a piece of paper.

As for the memories, I am inclined to believe you do have PTSD. I read back through your posts and the abuse you sustained was horrific even after you left him it just kept going on, and to the best of your ability you tried to put a stop to it.

So why should you feel any different necessarily today when you have been kicked over and over through the whole process? Even after the settlement was signed you stated he sent you an email saying he was going to violate it I think that same day.

I hope you will seek out some therapy I think it would be sooooo beneficial to you. The feeling of relief WILL come, I can't say when, but most likely when you really feel free. As for the memories, my dear, he is just someone you used to know. I don't believe it is that he is good, and that the alcoholism turned him into a monster. Rather he was good at hiding the monster until the alcoholism exposed exactly who he is.

Good riddance.