Old 01-19-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
SillyHuman

Day 11 is OK. My therapist, Krista, wants to use "Acceptance and Commitment" therapy. It is supposed to be the latest and greatest method from the school of behaviorism. She recommended the book "The Happiness Trap."

And she wants me try accupuncture for anxiety and depression. It sounds a little tutti-fruit New Age to me, but I will try anything once. My first puncture appointment is in an hour. All this is costing money, yikes.

I got lucky with her. She is in recovery, and she dislikes AA. I like her a lot and the session felt significant. Tomorrow, I will see her again at my request, and then weekly.

I stopped by my neighborhood florist on the way home and told them I would intern (work for free) if they would teach me floral design. The conversation went really well.

So why am I still in the dumps today? It is like I do not know how to be happy. No desire to drink or use though, and I know full well that life feels much better than it did a month ago. My brain is just being an uncooperative b*tch.