Old 01-18-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

SIS - Welcome ! I've been following your thread. Very interesting. How are those therapy sessions going ? How's the staff? Seems like a great way to start the recovery process. Keep us posted!

Sun - you go grrrl! I got up early today. By far my favorite time of day.... Before the sun gets up!!! I was loving sleeping and healing my brain but I was hating sleeping in. Feel like my day's half over! I worked 28 years as an electrical designer. We had flex hours. It was my choice to go in at 6 am. A couple days a week I would drop the kids (two, 23 months apart...: now 26 and 28) at the sitter and hit the gym first. Back then I had a professional athlete's heart (pulse 46!). Fast forward to 58 ( you're only as old or young as you feel, I'm young!) Ha! I'm heading to the gym in about an hour. Loving it again. Was getting awfully lazy and foggy. That's all lifted now! Gonna get back in shape! Even 10 lbs would be great. Going for 15 at least. So.... Your description of your husband. Isn't that sad? That's how I was feeling when drinking. I'd go from being "up" sober to catching a buzz to feeling like a zombie. That's sick. Check out the thread "I hit a car last night". Check out the Utube link on it (I think SIS might have out up the link). I screen shot the guy's words to my son. I also sent the Utube link to him. He's been doing really good lately but Friday night pulled a terrible bender. Lost his coat wallet phone ID etc. Show this thread to your husband. Tell him you love him and he means the world to you but that you saw this in him yesterday
( especially noticeable as you are newly sober). I nudge my son with stuff like this. It's slowly taking affect!

Charlie - the OH is gonna half to step up to the plate if physically/mentally able. Not much worse than money problems to cause a harder than necessary life. Life is hard enough already. How do u get that CBT mood program please? My toolbox is awaiting! The little bit of reading I've been doing, CBT is the way to go. CBT works on alternative methods (I think) where psychotherapy digs up your past. I dont want my past drug up. My daughter did a few therapy sessions and said it brought up too much old stuff and maybe did more harm than good. Let's just move on in my opinion. I can understand the past being dug up. I think that's an individual situation decision whether that should be brought up. The more extreme situations prolly need the past worked through.

Mish - good for you for skipping the liquor store! Like the booklet idea. I bought one too (book binder says God makes everything beautiful) and has one of this big blue/green beautiful birds on it ... Drawing a blank on bird's name!). Now I just need to start my book!
Also your AA experience is the way they all should go. Nice lady at the meeting! We are all at different stages of alcoholism. I used to feel like I drank the least of my friends but I was always the most wasted. They'd continue Into the night and I'd have to go to sleep. I can tell you it's really dam progressive. I can't stress that enough. The Big Book is enlightening. Read it. Keep an open mind. Work on bettering your life. Doesn't matter what stage you are in (or not). I think everyone should read that book. It would make the world a better place.

Thump is a sweet guy. You can tell by the way he expresses himself!

Odell's had good things to say. I'm out of brain matter for now!

Happy Monday. I'm knocking out sober days. How bout you? Husband and I went to lunch yesterday. Met my daughter and granddaughter at church yesterday. The service/mass is so much better sober ! Pepsi and water at lunch. Now my husband commented on how cheap the bill was. It's like getting a 50 % off coupon!

Olivia

Peacock! That's the bird!