Old 01-18-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Nic233

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hi guys...I'm still here.
Had an awfully strong urge to turn into the bottleshop today...so strong I actually slowed the car to a stop to turn. But then i didn't...I've been writing in a little pocketbook things my "strong" sober self wants to say to me when I'm about to cave in. Its so ridiculous how certain i sometimes feel in my sobriety that i will never drink again and then BOOM!! Its like I'm two different people! The other day I bought a little pocket book and I wrote down some stuff to try to help me through cravings. I promised myself i would take out my little pocket book and read those thoughts to my weak self when I am at that point...(and a few colourful words for my AV as well!) I honestly believe it made me drive away without buying alcohol today....I really felt like my strong sober self was in the car with me holding my hand because of the words i wrote when i was feeling strong to not give up. Even if you are back on Day 1 don't give up. Just come back to us...we need eachother. xxx
Youve done such an amazing job by NOT buying the booze! I know what it's like once that thought takes hold- it can be almost impossible to talk sense into ourselves. I did the same on Friday night- the car almost drive itself through the BWS drive thru but instead I pulled up the car and sobbed lol!!! Snapped me out of it!
A pocket book sounds like such a great idea..
Glad you're here. Us WA'ers can stick together X