Old 01-17-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
TinkerB

Well I'm ashamed to say I'm back on day 2. I don't know if many others have experienced a degree of agrophobia increasing as their drinking became more problematic? Got to day 11 and been taking baby steps to get out and about a little more each day. Tackled a shopping centre Sat and freaked out as the anxiety was too much and had to leave. Felt so defeated and I gave in and drank a bottle and a half of wine Sat night when home alone. That's actually less than I drank every day but anyway.. tripped over the dog in the dark and split open my chin and chipped my back teeth from clashing my teeth together. Of course that's when the OH arrived home and understandably hit the roof.
Well we actually sat down and talked everything through. He pointed out that I have to embrace my little victories instead of focussing on my setbacks. We talked more yesterday and I feel like he is now actually plugged in and listening, encouraging me to keep going rather than
dictating it.
I understand now Dee as you pointed out it was too much pressure . I actually feel loved and supported now and and want to do this for myself as well as my family.
The support too from the SR community has blown me away. The lovelymessages too of support and encouragement mean so much.
Will have a lovely little reminder on my chin the next time I'm tempted too.
Thanks for listening those that will read this and here's to a sober Monday... and beyond.