View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
patricia68

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Thanks Tufty, those words mean a lot - you're a good man.

Just wish I could somehow put a stop to the racing thoughts and up and down moods, awake for a good while in the night and my mind just going on and on and on, no let up and no matter what I can't seem to shut it down, eventually got back off but woken up again feeling really low - motivation again today at absolutely zero, trying to gee myself up and the wife is too which I appreciate her efforts but at the same time I just want to be left alone for a bit - hate these really low feelings which I was hoping was down to the lifestyle and I suppose hopefully thought they'd be gone without the drink and drugs, daft thing is a few days ago they were altho when they are I feel like everything's too good and I need to slow it down, that's the thing the drink used to cover this up and I could escape from it - at the weekends if I woke in this mood I knew there was some relief with a good few beers throughout the day, altho hangovers were rarely an issue I guess I spent the early part of the week in a bit of a slumber getting myself going again being healthy thro the week (unless any midweek plans) and in the gym then there was another weekend coming up, I know that's not an option now of course - as much as anything being sober is not makin me feel any better right now but I know drinking is not the answer too, a case of riding it out and hoping things pick up again - soon.
I've been feeling the same for the past few days. My racing thoughts come early in the morning when I wake up. Right now I'm struggling to get dressed and start my day. Too much anxiety. I tried 30 minutes of meditation but the racing thoughts barely stopped. AV is loud too. I would give anything to feel at peace right now...