View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi guys, just checking in on a Sunday morning. Things have been busy this weekend, but overall pretty good and I'm feeling positive. Back on Day 5 after the 2-wine "slip." Moving forward! No cravings this weekend. When I'm able to take care of myself and take my medicine, that's usually the case. When I start to get stressed and stop taking care of myself, that's when the cravings come in. At least I've figured that out. I have no desire to ever drink again - the stuff is evil.

Lots going on here at home - kids' stuff and bathroom renovation. The renovation is a little disruptive but I keep telling myself that the more work that gets done, the sooner it will be finished and we can get back to normal. The bathroom is on the lower level and it's the one my daughter uses so she's going to have a beautiful bathroom when it's all done. Some day I'll save enough money to do my own bathroom (which is a lot bigger and will be a lot more $ to fix, but someday!)

Other than that, went to yoga yesterday and have a special workshop today. That's all the "taking care of me stuff." I've been journaling, too. Decided not to work as much this weekend as I had planned and just use some of my vacation time. It's kind of necessary for my well being not to work too much on the weekend when I'm so busy during the week.

I was sound asleep around 12:30 am last night when my daughter woke me up with pain she was having and a whole bunch of other symptoms. Without going into too much detail, I made the decision NOT to take her to the emergency room and to give her some pain medicine to help her sleep. It was a good decision because she woke up happy and feeling a lot better this morning. She may have been having a reaction to an antibiotic she was taking, but I'm no doctor so it's hard to diagnose all these things. The good thing is that we have an appointment with her regular doctor on Tuesday morning. I was able to go back to sleep with the help of my anxiety med and felt tired but okay this morning. Nice to have my daughter feeling better.

How's everyone else doing? Midton, we haven't had one flake of snow yet (knock on wood!) Grizzly, good going with you dinner party on Friday night. I think you did awesome and must feel so good about it! Winslow, how's the weekend? Sydneyman, check in!!

p.s. My son and I enjoyed Norm of the North on Friday night. It wasn't the best movie we've ever seen, but was fun and we enjoyed it. Never mind the negative critical reviews - the audience clapped at the end!