View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Mark1014

Good morning gang and happy Sunday....a good day for a major push for positivity.

My son's New Years trip to NY really got him all jacked up about moving up there after this second (should have been third) college year is completed. My anxiety goes through the roof about it of course and I explain for the millionth time that it'd be wise to invest another couple years or so in college as the opportunity is there and it won't be this easy later. He says that he'll only be this age once and doesn't want to waste it being somewhere he's not happy. (This kid has it made around here btw).

So now I may be willing to help him pack and let's get on with this. I've clearly explained that he is old enough to make these decisions but with that comes the responsibility for the financial consequences. I'm not going to subsidize. With that established, I'll be emotionally supportive for sure.

To practice my positivity......maybe a move like this will be a great learning experience and just what he needs!