View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

That's really nice V, great idea!

I'm glad we are talking about positive thoughts, I agree that positive thinking is crucial to recovery. It's something I struggle with, but I find a lot of reminders here.

At the beginning of this year, we started keeping a family gratitude (and art) journal. Each evening we all get in the same room and everyone says something they're grateful for. It's a very casual operation, we just yell it out. I write the list of things on one page of a journal, then I hand it over to my daughter to decorate both pages. We've managed to do it most days this month, and it's turning into a really cool project. It forces us to think of something positive each day and share it with each other. And the art is really special. She draws pictures of our family and stuff.

I found that I really started to want recovery after we had done that for a couple weeks. Maybe just a coincidence, but maybe it helped shift my mind to the positive.

Speaking of family, I'm at my moms house in the country for the weekend. I'm cooking dinner while my mom and daughter play. They're having a blast, I'm finally starting to relax, my husband is at home embarking on what will surely be a two day video game immersion, everybody's happy. It's all good.

And when I can get to a proper computer, I will show you guys a picture of the tear-inducing rainbow I saw on my drive up here. It was the most intense, complete rainbow I've ever seen. It was right over the burn area. Pretty incredible.

Conquest I'm so sorry this is sucking so much. You're really hanging in there, and you can always vent here.

Love to all!