View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Overries)

I know I've promised on the New Year Eve not to be a stranger to one of my fav threads. So, better late than never)

I am ok overall. Alive and kicking. Back to boxing after a month's break - had no funds to renew my gym membership. It feels good.

Today was a super-blah day, just out of nowhere. Why feeling of inadequacy blasted full time.

My "big boss" asked me to do some assignment some time ago. So, today I was ready to go with it and asked him to look through. He asked me a question and I immediately took a defense stance and just shoot out a bunch of explanations. He told me "Calm down. I just simply asked". I felt like a total idiot because I realized how inadequate my overreaction was. If I would him I would likely to ask the same question - it was logical. And I've been beating myself up all day. Just because I fell like this part of me plays independently totally out of control. It's always like a flash now then I look back and think "What was that?". Just so upset about it. This "alien" emotional responses throw me out of balance. Because I feel like the person whom my boss just saw wasn't me at all, and now I somehow have to find a way to show "real me". Crazy. Ok, enough.

Toots - Congrats on your another milestone! We share with you number 14 - I've just noticed that I had a pretty funny one - 3 years and 3 months .

LDT - Good to see you.

InPar, Drake, Itchy, Rusty, Venus and all other friends here - hi to you all and have a great weekend.

I've decided to watch pretty emotionally challenging TV series - just to put my mood even lower. So me. It's original Israeli TV series "Prisoners of War" - american Homeland is adaptation of it. It's quite dark but I like it.

See you all.