Old 01-15-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Odelle

Sorry you had a slip tiredofme, but you came back right away, that shows determination. It definitely isn’t worth it; realization of that fact is a step forward in the right direction.

Sunflower, your positive energy is uplifting today!

SillyHuman, I share your sentiments on counseling. I bit the bullet and went once, more than 30 years ago! First session was with a lady who must have been new to the profession; I never went back. However, after reading so many SR threads, it has obviously been helpful to many people. The trick is to find one that clicks with you.

I just recently watched several Ted talks, thanks to a thread here on SR, and Brene Brown is amazing, how could anyone not love her? Please update us on her book when you have finished it.

Bluedog, I hope you reconsider. Your journey is yours and yours only, it’s not a competition with anyone, and you don’t have to disclose your sobriety date with your sister. I sense that is one of your underlying issues. I come from a brood of 7, so I am familiar with family dynamics and dysfunctions.

Everyone else, have a safe and sober Friday!