View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Berrybean

My experience of AA (not yet been to an AlAnon meeting, but I suspect that it's similar in most ways) is that different meetings can be very different. Some meetings have a crowd with a very healthy sobriety, and others...don't. As a member of AA its my responsibility to look after my recovery, and if that means going to the meetings that help me and strengthen my recovery, then that's what I'll do. The ones that I don't find helpful, I don't go to. And if people don't like that, I need to remind myself that what other people think of me is none of my business. Your sponsor praises you for going where the love is - well, it strikes me that there's love in plenty of places on a Saturday (other meetings; family; your friends). As long as you're still going where there's love (and not just moping at home, isolated, as I can tend to do without a positive plan of action) then she should be happy. If she isn't, and puts the pressure on for you to continue with that specific meeting, then it may mean you've come to the time to consider changing sponsors - plenty of people do this, as their needs change as they grow stronger. It doesn't have to be the result of a fall out and hard feelings.

Good luck, whatever you decide.