View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Originally Posted by Jenses View Post
Now I am uncovering the big issues that have been hiding under the surface. Anyone else running into their underlying issues head-on?
Short answer: Yes, Jenses. My current biggest issue is connected with my imminent move back home in a few months' time, particularly from a work point of view.

It wouldn't hurt to be more pro-active about reminding people I'm going to be back, start making some calls etc., but I am sensing huge anxiety in myself about it. Getting sober has been a big part of "priming" myself for the move, but now I find this hesitation to actually get on, make solid plans, and execute.

One thing I keep trying to tell myself is not to pressure myself about it. The changes that are easiest to make are those where it doesn't feel like an all-or-nothing move. I need to remind myself there is no right or wrong way - it is all a continuing exploration of my life.

Writing this out has been a help to be honest - particularly realising that I should look upon this as a new, exciting chapter of my life and not a scary unknown. Removing fear and replacing it with positive anticipation is the key.

All the best Jenses. I don't know what your issues are but I hope you find answers.