View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
RedAndy

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Well done! You're going to love that decision tomorrow!

Do you think your craving may have been thirst rather than low blood sugar?

I know when I get thirsty the first thing I think of is a beer, probably because I rarely ever drank water. Just booze or coffee.

I've definitely had some success handling my cravings by just drinking water.
Got to agree with this - definitely when thirsty it enhances any cravings, Earlier I was reading the news online and an article from the Golden Globes regarding Ricky Gervais presenting, opened the page and the first pic was him stood there with a glass of beer, guess most people wouldn't have noticed it but it was absolutely glaring at me - immediate massive craving, noticed how thirsty I was and thought drink a glass of water which definitely helped - seems one problem that I know others have mentioned before is actually seeing the damned stuff everywhere on tv / news / online / advertising billboards and I notice the lot in a big way - on tv whether it be adverts etc or in a bar / people drinking on any programme I notice it immediately, the odd time I've been around it the feeling is relentless too - cravings straight away, I know it will not make me pick up a drink and I will never drink again but thought this would have relented a little by now, 60 days tomorrow.

Same time my AV keeps telling me how good it tastes and how much I miss it too and the fun of it all (yup, euphoric recall loud and clear), I keep telling myself play the tape thro to the idiot appearing and the problems I cause / out of control / anxiety / depression and know it's not ever going to be an option again but still something craving that drink that joint that line that whatever else I can take - whilst I mess up massively on occasion and out of control far too often I did enjoy so many good times too and genuinely enjoyed the states I got in, it wasn't something I was afraid of I just realised it isn't acceptable and can't continue without dire consequences - guess I'm trying to justify it when I know there's not going to be and never can be any return to that and the drug fuelled binges, I then tell myself one day at a time then think well I'm told that if I've said I'll never drink again then one day at a time shouldn't be an issue or a thought entering my head and also not counting the days ?

Then again now have days 60 to 90 to contend with from tomorrow, telling myself this will pass - I know I'm over thinking all of this and doing fine the majority of the time plus the obsession with not drinking is doing me just fine at present in handling not drinking as I definitely won't drink just wish I could get off the continual merry go round of thoughts and missing the good times which I still realise will only ever ultimately end in disaster.

God the AV was good there it nearly convinced me I'd be fine and I can do what I want until I just thought back to that flight 59 days ago - nope / no way / not happening - EVER !!!!

Sorry for rambling a bit just trying to get it down as to what's going on in my head.