View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
enfinthechange

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post

You are not alone! I am struggling with the same thing. It seems that I have accomplished the initial phase of abstinence but fail when some times passes. I start feeling confident and before you know it I'm back into the same ugly cycle. This time I am aware that I have another hurdle to jump...continued abstinence. I continually remind myself how much better I feel emotionally, mentally and physically; remind myself how much I like sober me better than drunk me, and I replay what can happen if I take that first drink, etc. so far it's helping. I have to take each challenging situation one at a time. Making a plan, avoiding trigger places, ordering soda it iced tea first before I hear other people's orders are things I am trying to do to overcome long term. Hang in there! We can do this!!
I agree.... it's like your brain goes, hey, I can be sober, so feck it, driiiěnnnnnlkkkkk! Odd, when you want sobriety so much ( not you as such, but one.. although it sounds a bit posh if I use that....)

I find the though ' I love being sober. It's so nice. I'm so happy. I could have a drink...' whaaaaaaaaa......

Lets be strong!