View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by BDG4488 View Post
I can certainly understand the feeling of wanting to win, because I struggle with that myself. Whatever you decide to do, think about this: you cannot know for sure what the judge will do. Nothing is certain with a hearing. However, the settlement terms are certain. You'll have control of the outcome with a settlement, but not with the hearing. Just my two cents.
Thank you... I've told myself this too-- but with one caveat. The default was granted, so the former decree will be upheld. And by having the hearing I will "win"-- there will be a public record of his game playing having a consequence (the default).

So in this case I actually do know what the judge would do-- and the settlement the crazed X offered is better...

So I guess I am having to choose whether to take a better settlement and let him get away without consequences AGAIN or have the hearing and have a less great settlement...

Really this is mostly about my ego and I know Im being foolish to be letting my emotions dictate my decision...

Thus, why Im on the fence....