View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Jillian2563

Originally Posted by strugglingJim View Post
day 8, at my desk, looking at overdue bills, anxiety but a little better, just want to lie down and pull the blanket up to my eyes and hide from the world. just going to try to be productive, try to accomplish some tasks.
Hey, I know how you feel. But it will get better with time. My finances were getting a little better when I was sober for the latter half of the summer - my relapse not only affected my health, but my bills too. Now it's time to get back on track.

Day 8 is great. Keep going, we're all in this together.

I do believe that we all have the power to change. I'm realizing that if I schedule my time productively to do the things I want to do, then there will be no time for alcohol. I'm incorporating little daily routine changes so that when the AV comes to talking, I can send it a walking! Like others, I put off the things that are important to me because I feel the need to drink. This time, I am going to put off drinking so that I can do the things I want!

On a random topic, we are planning a snowboarding trip for middle of February. Last year my kids made a comment that I never wanted to do things because of my drinking. We went last year, but I didn't partake in the activities because I was so focused on drinking.