View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Day 6 over here and feeling good so far. We've had company so it's hard to guage where I am emotionally since the routine is so different. But I have been happy and relaxed so far, and the cravings yesterday were not as bad as I thought they would be. My patience with the kids has definitely improved and my only complaint is the strange dreams that seem to involve a lot of fighting (and drinking the other night).

We went out to eat yesterday and it was the first time I didn't have a drink with lunch. In the past that 1 drink would have turned to 2 and then I would have continued drinking when we got home. I had a diet coke and was amazed at myself and also at the fact that I wasn't eager to eat all the food on the table (I tend to overeat when I drink). It was a nice change.

Today is DH's bday. I told him yesterday that he should just go out to lunch with his Dad so they can enjoy some conversation and drinks without our kids (they are little so eating out can be very challenging). I hope he takes me up on that offer. Sad to think of how important alcohol can be in a person's life. I am hoping this year, as I turn 40, I will be excited to celebrate my first birthday without any booze. I look forward to that day and to being able to talk about it here.

Happy Monday everyone.