View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Jenses

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
It's so great to see the days accumulating just on this one page of posts!

I've been busy back to work, but doing well. Today is day 12 for me. I don't feel as obsessed with "not drinking" as I have in the past, not sure if that makes sense. Often when I quit I would be counting the days like they were gold, thinking about it, writing every feeling, and battling cravings left and right. I'm just as busy as usual, so I don't know necessarily why, I'm just trying to stand guard so I don't fall prey to a sneak attack.

I am also sticking solidly to Weight Watchers and exercising each day, even if it's just a long walk. That is is helping. Its nice to see the alcohol bloat long gone. Now hopefully for some real weight loss too. That's always a good motivator for me.

The usual triggers are there: the witching hour (4-7), my children (mostly just if they have attitudes or if they complain), boredom, missing my father, finances, my "houseguest" (that would be my ex-husband that I have taken in kindly as he is in a bad spot, but there seems to be no end in sight- long story), and just the usual AV lies. But I recognize them for what they are, push past them, and before I know it, poof, they are gone. Thank goodness.

I love reading posts, and will try to post more myself this weekend. Have a great sober day all....
You are doing a great job even with all the tough circumstances. Thanks for sharing - I always find some comfort in your posts.