View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
illi1111

Day 13
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone posting it's hard for me to respond, but I'm thinking of all of you and rooting for you when you struggle. Your posts give me strength.
I had some major realizations...
Yesterday I took my son to the museum. While I was there I realized that I wasn't faking and just going through the motions till I could get home and drink. I was in the moment and it felt good! Also realized that there is so much out there and I had been keeping myself trapped in a bubble by my drinking.
And the big one... I have not been happy for a long time.
I have been numbing myself to the fact that there are major things in my life that need to change for me to truly be happy. It was easier for me to get drunk then even think about these things. I have been scared and hiding. I'm not going to any longer. These things need to be faced. I feel the stronger I get in my sobriety, the easier it will be to make these changes. Right now baby steps...
As for the week end... We are having work done on our basement next week and we need to clear out a bunch of areas. I will have a chance to get rid of more stuff and organize which should keep me busy. Can totally relate to everyone that said they drank while doing big chores. I always did too and nothing really ever got done.lol
Stay strong everyone