View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Vinificent
Reality...what a concept!

Happy Friday Class!!

Made it through a difficult one last night...we went to a restaurant that was highly recommended for their pasta, but it turned out the biggest attraction was the wine list and bar 😯
As soon as we walked in, the aromas hit me - rich Merlot, dark Cabernet, refreshing Sav Blanc...people imbibing with large glasses, laughing and raving about the contents. Really wanted to bolt but my daughter was really excited for the pasta and I didn't want my issues with alcohol to ruin the evening ( or any future evenings for that matter ), so we sat down right away and ordered a special bottle of sparkling water...this helped because it was served as if we had a fine bottle of wine. But I couldn't help noticing everyone else, and pretty soon I actually started feeling withdrawal symptoms again - developed a headache, body aches, and anxiety. Such weirdness and strange reminder of the whole mind / body connection. Anyway - we finished our pasta and left to go to a brightly lit store, and it was amazing how much that changed my mood and completely removed the withdrawal feelings! So grateful to have such a supportive and understanding daughter - she is one of the only ppl who know about my struggles and has been totally flexible when I have to say "I just can't right now" and completely understand.
On another note - made it through the first night without taking a Xanax - left it on the nightstand in case of emergency and it is still there 👍
Hope you all have a sparkling sober Friday ☺😊😀😁