Old 01-07-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Kuebiko

Thank you everyone, and Zero and Solarion. Yes, I am certainly not looking for a 'divine-orientated' practice of buddhism, but I will learn (and am learning) something from the secular versions, and the pages suggested from you all are secular.

I've found plenty of guidance online for secular buddhism. I'm not one for hocus pocus, and I have found value in the links provided by members as well as becoming familiar with the four noble truths and the eightfold path.

I recently started a more stressful job than the one I had previously and have had to teach myself to be calm over the phone at work. This made me more aware of my emotions as they were happening when the phone would ring and I'd have to respond to a difficult person on the line.

Somehow words like 'let it roll over you' and 'think compassionately of those who are difficult people - they are suffering too; everyone is suffering...' seem less like words and more like concrete emotions of patience that I can foster in myself. They have more tangible representation in my mind than in the past.
Who wants to be ripped apart by emotions at various intervals for the rest of their life? Not me.

THANKS GUYS N GALS ~