View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
topspin

Tomorrow's a big day then Mariah !
Because I heard it was a time-tested good luck tradition, I framed a dollar bill in an old frame off my first job when I went into business,..... actually it was the fifth time starting a business ! Not sure if the symbolic gesture had anything to do with it , but it sure didn't hurt !?

My biggest weakness the first four times was under capitalization. I found out that nasty little detail from reading several books on successful business start-ups,....and thought ; " dang, ..no wonder !???!! " Of course, my off-and-on drinking in those days never helped either ,....

In retrospect,.. drinking amplified my ( many ) operational weaknesses. Whenever things got tough ( which is a given ) ,...it was easy for me to just "throw in the towel",....... admit defeat, .rather than accept a slight setback, and persevere on.

Up, ...I hope you'll be able to notice pattern too ,...and try something different, whether it's diet related or not.

Freein, ...how exciting with your progress with the piano !

..feel pretty beat up from playing basketball the other day with three little girls. This can't be a good indicator for my current fitness level !
Got back from Tenn. this evening with 30 minutes to throw a can of beans in a bowl for dinner tonight at work ,...... no toast,...just cold beans !
Did manage to bring a few chips and some hot sauce .
It felt good to be off that long drive today and back on the scooter.

Was snowing up there ,...brrrrr !!!!
Love the snow ,

..... glad to be home now.