View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
brach123

Thanks Miss P and Jenses I'm sure I'll be offering some more BUMOS on this board!

I hope your job search gets you some results soon enough Strong. Do you have job agencies where you live, that specialize in getting temporary jobs for people? These type of places in the UK usually get openings regularly and although the contracts may only be for a couple of months, it helps fill the gaps. Good luck to you.

Well done on a week sober Vin, I'm glad to hear your feeling so much better already. I'm completely of the same mind as you in that it's extremely important to never forget how bad it has been from me when I was drinking, I've had some truly horrific consequences that I can not deny anymore.

I'm 17 days sober today and feeling quite content today. My worries about work are passing, as I have faith things will work out and right now I'm just grateful to be sober, with a roof over my head and food to eat! I have previously been off the mind that I need to be back right where I left off in my buying and merchadising career or even further on... Now, thinking more long term I just want to take my time to get balanced and stronger in sobriety and then in a years time look to progress my career. I have been wanting to take a University degree to study from home (in my spare time, whilst still working) for some time but have never been sober long enough or well enough to make it happen. I went back to college for a year, just over a year ago, to get a qualification that will allow me to study at degree level and I was the only student to get straight distinctions so I know I can do it! Anyway I've decided that if I keep on this path and have good sobriety and recovery behind me then I will start the first year of my course in September. I guess it's an incentive but also something I really want to work on for myself.

The suns out here, it's beautiful out. Have a nice sober day everyone!