View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
enfinthechange

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi everyone, thank you for the nice comments. I don't have much energy this morning so I'm just checking in real quick. I'm emotionally & physically exhausted from my counseling yesterday. I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat.

Yesterday I told my counselor that I didn't understand why every time I came in to see her I started crying because I rarely cry. She said it's because "I've tried to stay strong for too long and I always have to LOOK like I've got it all together and a person can only do that for so long..."

I guess that makes sense. Soooo right now I'm just tired & feeling emotions that I have been stuffing or drinking over for years. I've got to walk through this & FEEL it to find my joy and serenity. It hurts but it's better than drinking & feeling nothing at all. I'm gonna get through it!

Sorry I haven't really been there for you guys the past day or so. I'm just feeling like I don't have much to give right now. I'm praying for you guys though!

I could use prayers too if you don't mind. Xoxo
You are doing an awesome job, and we just don't know what emotions and feel great are going to be hidden under the comforting duvet of drink. It's scary, but it will ultimately make life better for all of us... if we stay sober.

Think how much energy was expended functioning while drunk and holding it mostly together. ... now the drunk has gone it's all there for us to feel and see and realise. ... and to feel relief we don't have to keep on being drunk.

I don't know what is coming, and how it will be... but it looks like u making solid progress and inspiring us all! Xx