View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
charliesworld

I'd love snow. We hardly ever get any. We had loads in 2010 round about now and everyone is posting pics on FB as reminders. It'd be nice if we got some this year. My boys have never seen proper snow - they are 6 and 8 so were only babies when it last happened. It caused chaos but it would be lovely to be snowed in again!

Another good day for me today. Last night was a nightmare and I ended up eating chocolate which I'm not supposed to be doing either.

I have had many long periods of sobriety. I am down to drinking a few days maybe 4 times a year (why I can't stop this I don't know!) but one of the things is I still appreciate sobriety. Occasionally I will be walking down the street and it hits me how grateful I am that I can hold my head high (I'm not paranoid that people are looking at me knowing what I'd done the day/week before) and that my head is clear. I can see my old self in strangers in the supermarket or walking down the street sometimes and I wish I could tell them it can get better.