View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
lisatryingagain

Hi Everyone. We are a brave bunch of souls I think.

Optimist4ever have you tried fishoil and glucosamine echronditon and turmeric and flaxseed/linseed for your arthritis? I take it for mine and my carpel tunnel and it really helps a lot. I know for me personally alcohol really makes my arthritis and carpel tunnel much worse. Don't give yourself a hard time for drinking, just remind yourself how brave you are for facing up to stuff and working at changing things... and start again.

Illi1111 working in a bar is a hard one. Glad to hear your were able to get through the first shift back ok.

JL2014 I also have a massive habit of catastrophizing. Its such a hard habit to break but I am trying. Being sober definitely helps a lot I think.

Emme I feel like my hangovers have gotten progressively worse quite quickly. Hope you feel better soon.

I went to the gym again today after work (my first shift back after shamefully taking days off to recover - so I was stressed, but the day played out ok). I have to say the gym is a miracle for me. I do a very small amount of cardio and then about 20 min of light weights - but heavy for me. Doing weights for me is almost like a mindful meditation, I am really concentrating on the movements, and I do very measured deep breathing some of the time (you are forced to breath deeply when lifting weights).... I read someone that strength training reduced cortisol a lot - thereby reducing anxiety. It really helps me. And it is cool getting toned arms and abs as well. Less crazy and I look better . I feel like Im getting a bit better at catching myself thinking the self sabotaging thoughts too. I may need to spend the rest of my life working on that one.

Have a great day/night everyone.