View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
ALinNS

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I relate to that last part very much so.. I'm going to try to make peace/amends with the people I've wronged,including my ex,due to my drinking. She drinks(sometimes in excess) and when we'd argue,while drinking, the 'below the belt' words were said from both sides. Her son(20),whom I've helped raise since he was 9, has pretty much written me off and has told her if we ever get back together,he'll have nothing to do with her. It breaks my heart the damage I've caused. Wish there was a rewind button in life.
I think we all wish we could unwind the past, I know I sure do but I have to remind myself and not as an excuse I was sick. As for amends I encourage you to take that one slow, make a list and take your time, also make a list of people that have hurt you, starting one at a time forgive them every morning until any and all resentment you may have towards them no longer brings up emotions, this was very hard work for me which led to taking a course through addiction services on forgiveness as I was brought up forgiveness was not on the table yet my home was considered at the time religious.